The NDIS Code of Conduct requires workers and providers delivering NDIS supports and services to do the following in providing those supports and services:
1. Act with respect for individual rights to freedom of expression, self-determination and decision-making in accordance with applicable laws and conventions.
2. Respect the privacy of people with disability.
3. Provide supports and services in a safe and competent manner, with care and skill.
4. Act with integrity, honesty and transparency.
5. Promptly take steps to raise and act on concerns about matters that may impact the quality and safety of supports and services provided to people with disability.
6. Take all reasonable steps to prevent and respond to all forms of violence against, and exploitation, neglect and abuse of, people with disability.
7. Take all reasonable steps to prevent and respond to sexual misconduct.
NurtureCare’s Code Of Conduct
NurtureCare respects and supports the fundamental right of aged care and disability support consumers to continue living independently in their own homes and communities with dignity and respect, along with choice and inclusion in relation to their care needs and being free to engage an advocate and/or representative of their choice.
NurtureCare’s Code of Conduct and Ethical Behaviour sets out, in principle, the behaviours and standards of conduct expected of a Care Worker who is providing care services to a person introduced through the NurtureCare website (Care Consumer), and to uphold the rights of Care Consumers. By offering services to Care Consumers via the NutureCare website, the Care Worker is agreeing to always:
HEALTH AND SAFETY
FINANCIAL MATTERS AND CONFLICTS
PRIVACY & INFORMATION
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Additional Information and References:
Charter of Rights and Responsibilities for people receiving Government funded home care packages: https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/your-right-quality-care
Seniors Rights Service (SRS): https://seniorsrightsservice.org.au
Health Care Complaints Commission: https://www.safetyandquality.gov.au/about-us/contact-us